Friday, November 7, 2008

Qutab Minar Photos!

Qutub Minar is the world's tallest brick minaret in Delhi, India. It was built by Qutb-ud-din Aibak and the topmost storey of the minaret was completed in 1386 by Firuz Shah Tughluq. The Qutab Minar is notable for being one of the earliest and most prominent examples of Indo-Islamic architecture.

Now, some pictures:

[clisk on the pictures to see a bigger size.]

Qutab Minar - Extreme Closeup!

This was a really cool picture i got of the lighting at the Qutub minar. There are at least 3 different types of lights in this picture. Unfortunately, they hadn't let me take in my tripod so I had to shoot with my 50mm prime wide open at f/1.8 Although this makes for a cool composition as an abstract, I couldnt get much of the actual structure.


Qutab-Minar - Perspective!!

This is probably the [second]best picture I got there. As I was standing almost right nest to the minar, I couldnt get the whole thing in a single shot. This is a composite of about 4-5 shots that capture the full extent of how tall it is! This was taken with my 18-55 set at 18mm, wide open.


Architectural Astrophotography!

Qutab Minar with moon, jupiter and Venus!

This is a really cool picture because it shows 4 solar system objects!! The ground and Qutab minar are on the Earth. In the sky, from left to right are, the Moon, Jupiter and Venus. Click on the photo to go to the flickr page where there are notes. Again I didnt have a tripod so this was kinda hard to take.



Although I was dissapointed that I couldnt take my tripod with me and that they empty the place during twilight so i missed the "golden hour", I did get some interesting pics!



2 comments:

Bhavna said...

Woah!
Qutab Minar looks so interesting in your pictures!

Seriously, it looks bland in reality, doesn't it? But the pictures are just gorgeous..
* bows *

Avnish said...

Oh Thanks!!

Yeah, I try to make my pictures "Interesting" and not textbook perfect! Even if that means messing up the exposure to get a bluer sky!
:D